Galusha Ball (Tennis Dodge Ball)
Created on 5/6/2023 at Galusha Hill Farm Lodge, a corporate retreat in East Topsham Vermont.
- Play will be 5 on 5, 6 on 6, or 7 on 7.
- Play is held within a single tennis court with perimeter walls/netting.
- The tennis net must be removed or laid flat on the ground.
- Players cannot have their feet cross the center line, but you can reach for balls near the center.
- Players are only able their tennis ball if they have one foot touching the tennis court itself (on or within the lines).
- Any player hit with a ball (shoulders or below) that is not caught or blocked is eliminated (regardless of their physical positioning).
- No intentional throws above the shoulders (accidental contact is invalid).
- Tennis balls cannot be stored in pockets and must be visible in a player’s hands.
- Blocking a tennis ball with a hand that is holding a tennis ball is a valid block. However, if the tennis ball that is used for a block falls out of the player's hands after contact that player is out.
- If a player throws a ball and it is caught by the opposing team that player is eliminated. In this circumstance, the team that caught the ball can revive a previously eliminated player (if applicable).
- A revived player has immunity until he or she touches the back wall/netting.
- No substitutions except for injuries.